From Passion to Practicality

What happened in between my previous blog and this blog?

I failed my interview of Hydrogeologist in B. WASA, though I was confident that I will make it through, but I failed, the astonishing thing is that the one who has been selected shared his concerned about the questions asked in the interview and was afraid that those question was not relevant. Whereas I was sure of my answers in interview.

Study:

I couldn’t complete my M. Phil in due time, I have taken extension now, just started writing my thesis. Started it from sedimentology chapter, the most important of them all.

Work:

9:30 am to 7:30 pm work time, giving my 100% at work, nothing bothers boss, still complains at occasions, never appreciates, will take credit of good work, complain about anything less than good. “My craze for work has never faded and never it will”. Haji Waseh (Boss & Uncle) and me both are developing interest in Cars, with implementation of Auto policy 2016-2021 which has resulted in paving way for new car companies to establish their assembling and manufacturing plants in Pakistan, among these companies are Kia, Hyundai, Nissan, United, Sazgar, Road Prince and some Chinese companies. Another reason of building interest in cars is increasing competition in motorcycles, and relatively unfair environment for motorcycles businesses.

Personal Life:

Got engaged four months ago in December 2017. After getting rejected many times. Plans for marriage is in early September 2018. Probably around that time I am expecting my M. Phil to be completed or near completion. I would like to say something more about marriage (probably a blog) when my wedding is near.

Entering in Practicality:

What does entering in practicality means? Sometimes I am ready giving up my studies for family business of motorcycles, this is because I think I know enough about motorcycles and can do well in this business, My uncle and boss has expressed his desires that I should remain with him and do business (practically as an employee), he often gives example that how less viable is government job or any other job than doing your own business, often compares government employees earnings with his earning. I have worked for nine years now and I would like to work more in motorcycles. But sometimes I think this work is not mine entirely and I am not allowed to make any decision. Garyvee (my influencer) once said the work you do for parents and family because your parents and family want it from you, ultimately results in disputes with parents and family.

Practically this work will never be mine, no matter how much hard work, time, energy I put in to it, it will always be a “family” business, it will always be working under someone else, I do not want an entire business to be named after me, but I want a decision making rights, a work where you are not made to feel at every step that you cant put your thoughts about matters on table, or you are not “qualified” enough to deals with matters, as a matter of fact I am amongst  the most qualified in family.

I can either "hope" for things to get better, or I can leave for better. I would have made something out of my study if I had put half of the energy and time that I have put in business.
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Khabaram raseeda imshab (Tonight there came a news)

RIP Habib Mohebian

Ramadan, Islam's Holiest Month...